[MEncoder-users] Converting to WMV..almost there

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 01:48:21 CET 2007

Hi All,

I am an owner of Xbox360. I managed to stream my Mp3s and WMVs (videos) to
my 360.

I have many .avi movies that I would like to convert to wmv. I been using,

mencoder vid1.avi  -of lavf -o AAA.wmv -lavcopts vcodec=wmv2 -ovc lavc
-lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -nosound

The video I can see perfectly. However, I get no audio (since I am using
-nosound). What audio would work? Any help will be appreciated.

TIA
P.S

mencoder -ovc help
Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding. Doesn't work with filters.
   frameno  - special audio-only file for 3-pass encoding, see DOCS.
   raw      - uncompressed video. Use fourcc option to set format
explicitly.
   nuv      - nuppel video
   lavc     - libavcodec codecs - best quality!
   vfw      - VfW DLLs, read DOCS/HTML/en/encoding-guide.html.
   qtvideo  - QuickTime DLLs, currently only SVQ1/3 are supported.