[MEncoder-users] subtitles with MPEG-2 PS files

scostas scostas at det.uvigo.es
Fri Jan 26 10:45:07 CET 2007

Hi all:

I have an MPEG-2 PS file (DVD-compliant) and I added some subtitles with
SPUMUX. Now I want to play it with subtitles, but it doesn't work. I
tried with -sid 0x20, as someone told me some time ago here, but it
doesn't work with the current CVS version (with MPlayer 1.0rc1 it
worked). I tried with -vobsubid too and again didn't work :(

If I burn that file in a DVD with DVDAuthor then the subtitles work fine
with MPlayer. And if I use -identify with the .mpg file, it returns one
subtitle track (with ID=0).

Is it a new bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.