[MEncoder-users] best way to hardcode subtitles?

Martin Matusiak numerodix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:50:08 CET 2007

I'm trying to rip a dvd with subtitles. I'm reducing the framesize to
480 and when I do that, I get some artifacts around the subtitles. In
particular, there's some white spots right on the right hand side of
the subtitles, in some frames. How do I get rid of this? In my filter
chain I use:

spp,scale=480,hqdn3d

But it doesn't seem to affect the subtitles. If I just play the movie
in mplayer and rescale it, I still get the artifact, so it's not a
matter of the codec.

mencoder has a ton of options for subtitles, and I'm completely lost in them :/

Martin