[MEncoder-users] Getting status messages without the "skipping frame" messages?

Joe Emenaker joe at emenaker.com
Thu Jan 25 03:35:51 CET 2007

The Wanderer wrote:
> -msglevel mencoder=1
Good, I'll try that.
> This *is* in the man page...
Hmmm. Thanks for the slap on the nose.

FWIW, the man page that I've got printed here spans over 90 pages.
However, from my original post, you'll see that I did read through it
enough to find the "-msglevel" option. What I neglected to mention,
however, is that "-msglevel help", as they suggest, lists about 30
different message categories. Since the man page doesn't seem to list
which messages come from which categories, it would have been a
(potentially arduous) brute-force search to find the categories involved...

So... I figured I'd ask before I waste a few hours, and for saving me
from it, you have my gratitude.

- Joe