[MEncoder-users] How can I decode a movie->image at a specified rate ?!

Pierre PARENT pp57 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 17:39:59 CET 2007

> >>-fps 25
> >>

> >I tried this option, but it doesn't have any impact on the decoding rate.
> >

> maybe you want encoding at exactly real time? not faster and not slower
> than fps?

Yes, this is exactly what I want.My soft works like that :
1/ mencoder decodes movie to PPM at the movie original rate
2/ PPM is send to the dummy video device (/dev/video0)
3/ amsn(or gnomemeeting,...) is able to read from /dev/video0 and display the movie( at the good speed)

> >>stdout is seriously abused by mencoder. Don't rely on  it
> >>

> >yes, but it is the only way I have found to do that. If you have any suggestions to make it differently...
> >

> mkfifo mypipe
> mencoder -o mypipe ... &
>
> yourpgm < mypipe

Yes, I forgot this solution ! It could be better, thank you !!! :P