[MEncoder-users] working on mencoder script

listman listman at nerdherdclan.com
Tue Jan 23 06:10:39 CET 2007

I'm working on a new mencoder script and was wondering if anyone would be
kind enough to offer up there best mencoder command for ripping dvds. My
script is mainly going to be set up to rip dvd's to the HD. Right now it
pulls the title and longest chapter from the dvd and then gives you 10
different formats to choose from. I'm working on getting cropdetect to
work with one of the formats but I'm not quite there yet..
I know there are already a ton of them out there but either they dont work
for me, they are outdated or no longer supported. I wanted something easy
for anyone to use or update. Any how if your interested let me know if you
dont mind sharing your command line settings feel free to email me.
here are the choices I'm offering in the script right now.
1) MPEG4 lavc 		not used yet"
2) MPEG4 2 pass 		not used yet"
3) NTSC DVD 		1 hr 3-5GB dvd quality"
4) NTSC DVD 2 pass 	2 hr 3-5GB dvd quality"
5) NTSC SVCD 		1 hr 900MB ok quality "
6) NTSC SVCD 2 pass 	1.5 hr 900MB ok quality"
7) NTSC VCD 		45min 600MB bad quality"
8) XVID    		4 hrs  1.5GB  dvd quality"
9) XVID-2  		3 hrs 800mb  good quality"
10) CUSTOM