[MEncoder-users] MEncoder segfault

Grozdan Nikolov microchip at chello.be
Wed Jan 17 23:54:17 CET 2007

> Gdb should be providing more information than that.  I suspect that
> swscale.c was not compiled with -g.
>
> Try:
>
> 	make clean
> 	make
>
> This should recompile with -g.
>
> Then try running mencoder under gdb again.

I have tried everything here, but I can't seem to produce any meaningful info
with the debugger, only the one I already mailed... So I give up, I'll look
into some other encoder if MEncoder doesn't work here

Like I said in my first mail, I tried really everything, from changing DVD
drives, testing memory, changing DVD discs, IDE cables, to setting the right
permissions on /dev/rtc and rtc user freqs
in /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq. I even disabled the local APIC at boot
time and exchanged the PSU (thought it might be related to a faulty power
supply)

My system runs just fine and is stable as a rock. I never had any issues with
it when doing multimedia stuff like audio editing in Audacity, audio encoding
with LAME, video encoding with transcode, etc... only MEncoder is giving me
problems here. MPlayer plays everything just fine, not problems at all.