[MEncoder-users] MEncoder segfault

Grozdan Nikolov microchip at chello.be
Wed Jan 17 17:25:38 CET 2007

Well, this is what I did:

after configuring MPlayer, I added the '-g' flag to the 'config.mak' file. I
first tried to compile MPlayer with the '--enable-debug' option but it fails,
so I only used '-g'

Then after installation, I ran it under gdb and it segfaultet as expected

gdb /usr/local/bin/mencoder
(gdb) run <mencoder_parameters>
[Switching to Thread -1216477488 (LWP 20801)]
0x081ec674 in sws_freeFilter ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x081ec674 in sws_freeFilter ()
#1  0x00016800 in ?? ()
#2  0xa0001400 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

since it always segfaults at sws_freeFilter, I did a 'grep -R sws_freeFilter
*' on the MPlayer source code, and those were the files that came up with
sws_freeFilter

libmpcodecs/vf_scale.c: if(src_filter) sws_freeFilter(src_filter);
libswscale/swscale.c:void sws_freeFilter(SwsFilter *filter){
libswscale/swscale.h:void sws_freeFilter(SwsFilter *filter);