[MEncoder-users] mencoder multiple images to a divx o mjpeg problem

Frodogodo drogofodo frodogodo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 21:00:34 CET 2007

Hi,

   i'm trying to create a "slideshow" divx with some fotos I have. I have
some problems regarding the quality
of the images displayed in video, all of them seems to be with a lot of
light loosing a lot of details.
The command i'm using is:

mencoder -idx -of avi -ofps 25 -ovc lavc mf://final_*jpg -mf type=jpg:fps=.2
-oac copy -audiofile audio.mp3 -o video.avi

which i think is correct but the results are not the desired. If I extract
the images inside the video with
mplayer -vo jpeg video.avi

the jpegs extracted are 1/4 size of the original jpegs.

I've the same results with
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg (which seems to be the logical choice)
-ovc copy,
-ovc raw  ...

all jpegs files have the same dimensions and color depth,
I've tried the same process with the images converted into png and tga with
identical results.

MEncoder 1.0rc1-4.1.2

Could anyone give me a clue about this problem ?

Pablo C.