[MEncoder-users] LAVC mp4 encoded files can be played in mplayer only

José Gabriel Moya Yangüela josemoya at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:02:42 CET 2007

Hello!

When I make a BIG (over 1 Gb) avi file encoded with lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4, only mplayer can play it. I've tried manually changing fourcc
to DivX, but i thing this has to do with some AVI file size limitation.
Perhaps it only allows one RIFF chunk?

I don't know how to write different files than AVI. If I use extension .mpg
or .mp4, a warning about output file being of avi type is displayed. If I
manually try to change muxer, mpg corresponds to mpeg 1/2, and there seems
to be no available muxer for mpeg4.

Any idea? Should I stop using lavc and start using other encoder?

--
Tengo poco tiempo para leer. Compré estos libros a peso. Ordené que me
trajeran una tonelada.