[MEncoder-users] Re: convert to flv

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Fri Jan 5 20:32:19 CET 2007

andrew barry wrote:

>> > Can't open library ir41_32.dll
>> > ICOpen failed! unknown codec / wrong parameters?
>> > VDecoder init failed :(
>> > Requested video codec family [indeo4xa] (vfm=xanim) not available.
>> > Enable it at compilation.
>>
>> >You have to be able to play a file before you can encode it...
>>
>> >You'll probably want to see the section in the HTML docs on win32 binary
>> >cocdecs.
>

> Is there anything wrong with the code to change to .flv?
>
> I can the play video (and all videos to encode)no problems on a webpage and
> on a player . If I try to encode I make sure that they work.
>
> I don't know a lot about video so maybe more  instructions would be
> helpful.

Your command to do the actual conversion is fine.  The problem is that
mplayer can't read the input file - the file uses a codec called
'indeo4xa' which is not recognized.  You need to set up mplayer with
win32 binary codec support.

Go here:  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html  Search down the
page for "Binary Codec Packages" and install the one that is applicable
to your system.

-jsd-