[MEncoder-users] encoding interlaced DV - ilme:ildct

Szucsán László szlaci at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 15:56:01 CET 2007

HI!

I've tried to encode interlaced DV movie captured by (Motion DV Studio 5.3E
LE for DV and Kino) to write DVD.

(Panasonic GS180, Pioneer DV490, Samsung TV 50 Hz)

I tried out 3 way to encode DV.

1, without ilme:ildct

>mencoder a.avi -noskip -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000:keyint=250 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=256
-ffourcc xvid -o a2000.avi

Result on 50Hz TV screen:

Still frames: There are horrible vibration (especially on backround)

Movie: it seems to be OK.

2, with ilme:ildct

>mencoder a.avi -noskip -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:ildct:ilme:mbd=2:trell:mv0:v4mv:vbitrate=2000:keyint=25 -oac
mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=256 -ffourcc xvid -o a2000c.avi

Result on 50Hz TV screen:

Still frames: It's fixed and stable without any vibration

Movie: There are horrible vibration when camera moving

Playback on computer: It seems to be much better than 1th test. Less
macroblock and more detailed resolution.

3, with ilme:ildct:top=0

mencoder a.avi -noskip -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:ildct:ilme:top=0:mbd=2:trell:mv0:v4mv:vbitrate=2000:keyint=25
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=256 -ffourcc xvid -o a2000c.avi

Result on 50Hz TV screen:

Still frames: It's fixed and stable without any vibration

Movie: it seems to be OK without vibration.

Like deinterlaced videos!

In my opinion encoded interlaced video must be continous and smooth on
moving and allowed to vibrate at still frames. According to man options
ilme:ildct suggested at interlaced video encoding but the result does not
persuasive.

Option ilme:ildct with top=0 seems to be OK, but I wonder if it does not
make deinterlacing.

What are the function of ilme:ildct option and how should be like an encoded
deinterlaced video on TV with DVD player at still frames?

I don't want to make any deinterlacing and lossmaking filtering.

Thx

Sz.Laci