[MEncoder-users] merging 30' DVDs into one?

Roberto Sebastiani rseba at dit.unitn.it
Mon Jan 1 20:06:09 CET 2007

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Roberto Sebastiani wrote:
>> Nico (and others)
>> I correct myself: this technique seems not to work:
>>

>>> (...) otherwise move every VTS_01_n.{VOB,IFO} as VTS_m_n.{VOB,IFO} to
>>> the same folder and run dvdauthor -o <folder> -T
>>

>> I've done what you suggest, and then burn everything by k3b.
>> UNfortunately, two dinstinct dvdplayers read only the part corresponding to
>> the first mini-dvd.
>> Also, I notice that no VIDEO_TS.VOB file is generated.
>>
>> Any clue?
>>
>> Roberto
>>
>> PS: I list the exact sequence of actions I performed from 3 dirs
>> DISK1, DISK2 and DISK3 into one TARGET:
>>

> pushing 2 and 3 should play the corresponding titleset

I understand you mean "pushing 2 and 3 in the remote control of the dvdplayer
while executing the dvd", right?

if so, nothing happens, in neither of my two dvd players.
??

Roberto

one question: isn't it the case that the fact that the first
VTS_01_0.IFO (which is copied from the original DISK1) tells the player
to stop?