[MEncoder-users] First frame

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 00:32:45 CET 2007

double wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to replace ffmpeg with mencoder, I have one more problem. Is
> it possible to pick the first frame of a video with mencoder?

Do you mean, pick which frame of the input video will be the first frame
of the output video?

Within the limits imposed by seeking restrictions, this is possible.
However, getting around those limits is difficult bordering on
impossible (at least until someone writes frame-precise
hang-the-CPU-cost seeking code).

> A second question. Exists this
> "i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames" still in the
> CVS version?

There is no CVS version anymore; MPlayer, like FFmpeg, switched to
Subversion a long time ago. But yes, that suboption still exists in the
SVN version, and is still required when muxing using libavformat.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.