[MEncoder-users] need to add audio to movie question

DEF shaker_doc at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 08:00:25 CET 2007

--- Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
> I used:
> .ogg audio file
> *.png images for video
> ran:
> mencoder mf://*.png -delay 20 -mf
> w=320:h=240:fps=5:type=png -ovc copy
> -audiofile Open_Studios_theme.ogg -oac copy -o
> test.avi

AFAIR, you generated file here test.avi is already
broken because there is not standard way to store ogg
in avi.

> Now, what do I change in command to convert to
> new.mp4?
> $ mencoder test.avi -o new.mpg -ofps 25 -vf
> scale=352:288,harddup -of
> lavf -lavfopts
>format=mpg:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_us>e_b_frames
> -oac
> lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 -ovc lavc
> -lavcopts

vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=327:keyint=15:vrc_maxrate=1152:vbitrate=1152:vmax_b_frames=0

> The above command created a .mpg movie.  I want to
> make the .avi file
> compatible with as many players as possible.  I am
> computer-challenged,
> and my efforts to add mp4creator have thus far been
> futile.  Can I use
> mencoder, or not?  :)
> Thanks, Tom
I do not really understand you here. Do you want you
final file to be .avi, .mpg or .mp4?. And is
*compatibility with many players* your *only*
objective or you do have others?

DEF