[MEncoder-users] Bug: Mono show 2 channels????

GeBu gebu at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 18 12:51:43 CET 2007

Thank you very much - it is big help for me. First I encoded video by
Avidemux (Windows) and I had the same problem, but with every player. So
I thought that it is problem of Avidemux and tried mencoder (Linux). And
I got the same by mplayer. I thought that our script is bad. I was
confused :(. Later I saw that it is ok in VLC and other player. So I did
not know if the sound is mono or stereo.
My idea was: maybe it is not right to have samplerate 48000 kHz for mono
and bitrate 64 kbit/s.
BTW: What is optimal parametres (bitrate, samplerate is there any
relationship between them?) for mono audio (mainly speech) typically
home video from DV cammera microfon?
Jirka (GeBu)