[MEncoder-users] Re: Producing .mp4 files?

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 07:48:00 CET 2007

On 2/15/07, Jon Drukman <jsd at cluttered.com> wrote:
> Kevin Downey wrote:
> > mencoder will do aac too.
> > I use mencoder to encode both and just mux to avi then demux to two
> > separate files foo.h264 and foo.aac.
> > I use mencoder to demux the video and ffmpeg to demux the audio. I
> > would like to use mencoder for both but I haven't found a method to
> > demux the audio that isn't real time.
> > Then mp4creator to mux to mp4.
>
> i know mencoder will do aac, but if i do it with -rawaudio then mux with
> mp4creator, i get an unplayable file.
>
> can you send the commands you use?  i'm curious.
>
> thanks.
>
> -jsd-

-oac faac -faacopts object=2:br=128
along with some x264opts all muxed to avi

ffmpeg -i out.avi -vn -acodec copy out.aac # demux aac
mencoder out.avi -of out.h264 -of rawvideo -ovc copy -nosound #demux the h264
mp4creator -create=out.h264 -r 29.9 out.mp4 #create out.mp4 first track out.h264
mp4creator -hint=1 # hint first track
mp4creator -create=out.aac -interleave out.mp4 # add aac
mp4creator -hint=3 # hint audio track
--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.