[MEncoder-users] Re: to crop or not to crop for DVB sources, aspect ratio issues?

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Thu Feb 15 01:21:42 CET 2007

Trent Piepho wrote:

>What is your command line?  I just tried with svn-r22217 and it still
>doesn't work.
>
>mplayer -vf crop=640:720,expand=1280:720 some1280x720file.ts -vo xv
>
>Does not work.  The image is mostly unchanged, with some flashing
>black lines on the right hand side
>
>With -vo x11, the image moves back and forth frame by frame from the left
>side to the right side of the window.

I didn't experience what you describe, but something is actually broken.

With x11 everything is fine until you expand x:
-vf crop=720:200,expand=720:300 works correctly, while
-vf crop=640:576,expand=1280:576 or -vf crop=640:376,expand=1280:576
repeat part of the frame alongside the original crop.

With xv the only anomaly is the filling color: black for the horizontal
bars, grey
for the vertical ones; there's no frame repetition.

With xvidix the chroma planes seems to be shifted when you expand x;
filling
color is uniform.

In no case I saw the originally cropped lines back to their place after
expand.