[MEncoder-users] Re: Producing .mp4 files?

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:17:40 CET 2007

On 2/14/07, Jon Drukman <jsd at cluttered.com> wrote:
> Serhiy Tkachenko wrote:
> > Is it possible to produce Apple quicktime .mp4 files
> > with mencoder ?
>
> I have not been able to make it work with mencoder alone.  I use
> mencoder to generate h.264 video, ffmpeg to generate aac audio, and
> mp4creator to mux the two streams into a .mp4 that will play in
> Quicktime.  Search the archives for my other posts regarding this.
>
> -jsd-

mencoder will do aac too.
I use mencoder to encode both and just mux to avi then demux to two
separate files foo.h264 and foo.aac.
I use mencoder to demux the video and ffmpeg to demux the audio. I
would like to use mencoder for both but I haven't found a method to
demux the audio that isn't real time.
Then mp4creator to mux to mp4.
--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.