[MEncoder-users] qcif 16:9 videos?

Joe Emenaker joe at emenaker.com
Wed Feb 14 08:08:40 CET 2007

Steve wrote:
> Im working on converting a lot of videos over to qcif for mobile phones, I
> recently ran into
>
> A snag with videos that are 16:9 ratio and im not sure how to handle the
> conversion down to qcif.

I guess it depends upon the player on the mobile phone. I had one player
once that freaked if the source wasn't exactly 320x240. My new player
seems to take all kinds of stuff... and, if the aspect ratio isn't 4x3,
it just puts the black bars in by itself.

I'm assuming that qcif is the display area of the phone's player?

- Joe