[MEncoder-users] Re: to crop or not to crop for DVB sources, aspect ratio issues?

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:12:57 CET 2007

I'm having another problem when cropping: some channels, with full 576
lines resolution, have some crap on the first line (a black & white
dotted pattern) likely timecode info encoded on the first line. I
would like to drop just the first line, while keeping the full 576
line resolution, so I tried this combination :

-vf crop=544:575:0:1 -vf expand=544:576:0:1
(the first filter should crop to a 544x575 image without the first
line, and the second filter should expand this image back to 576
lines, adding a black line, according the the manual)

But it seems that the expand filter does not take the cropped image as
input, but the original instead

if i use ... -vf crop=544:200:0:100 -vf expand=544:576:0:100, the
result is exactly the same (it seems that the crop filter is ignored)

Any idea?