[MEncoder-users] Next-Gen YouTube type question.

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:19:15 CET 2007

On 2/2/07, Steve <gateway at tietze.com> wrote:
> I disagree, it seems that flash is the best choice for any sort
> Of major audience.  (windows, unix, mac and most all browsers have
> A flash player)
>
> Flash is also gotten quite better in quality and streaming over
> Time its not going to be the best looking compared to like the newer
> Codecs but it playback on almost anything with out much cpu hit.
>
> We built a youtube clone and are using both ffmpeg and mencoder
> The combo works better than just one encoder.
>
> Steve
> http://ibareitall.com blog

As a freebsd I think there is a way to get the linux flashplugin
working on freebsd, but it is a major hassle so I can't be bothered.
On the other hand, Darwin Streaming Server allows streaming of mp4
movies which can be played with mplayer, vlc, and others. And it also
supports h264, which is phenomenal. I dunno the exact detail of flv,
but I cannot imagine you can use it to stream a near

--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.