[MEncoder-users] Video/Audio asynchronous

Matthias Hopf mat at mshopf.de
Fri Feb 2 12:17:42 CET 2007

On Jan 22, 07 14:40:49 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Markus Bonet wrote:
> >I am doing some conversions between mpeg2 (TS) to mpeg4 (vxid) via
> >mencoder.
> >The TS isn't demultiplexed as I am using the TS directly as input.
> >
> >When done, the result is slightly asynchronous. mencoder itself reports
> >a very slight delay (0,048s) but the result is even more asynchronous.

Good to know that others have the same issues. I get delays between
+250ms and -200ms.

> try with -demuxer lavf

This doesn't work correctly for -oac copy and ac3 streams. The produced
file plays fine with mplayer, but with no other player (I think I
remember xine worked as well). Media player classic (guliverkli)
complains that there's no audio, VirtualDub even crashes as soon as
anything is to be done with audio.
FWIW, -demuxer mpegts (default) works (modulo the delay).

Is this a known issue (actually two known issues), or should I upload a
sample?

Thanks

Matthias

--