[MEncoder-users] Back to dvd

listman listman at nerdherdclan.com
Fri Feb 2 03:40:27 CET 2007

I'm ripping all my dvd's to my server using.

mencoder "dvd://$TRACK" -aid "$AID" \
-mc 0 -oac lavc \
-ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -vf scale=352:240,harddup \
-srate 48000 -af volume=8:lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:\
vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=2900:keyint=18:aspect=16/9:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192
\
-ofps 30000/1001 \
-o "$STORE/$TITLE".mpg

everything works great, but when I run
dvdauthor -o dvd -x dvd.xml
then
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvdrw -dvd-video ./dvd/.
and try to play it on my dvd player it doesn't work, would the scale be
throwing things off? the docs say that is an except able scale for dvd.
I have also tried autoaspect and get the same results. the audio is fine
but the video looks like I have too high a setting on an old crt monitor.
Is there another way to create a dvd? I tried kino but that takes way to
stinking long..
Thanks for any advice