[MEncoder-users] Recoding RM files for iPod

Ulf Magnusson ulfalizer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:39:21 CET 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 11:10 PM, James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ulf Magnusson wrote:
> >> ** MUXER_LAVF *****************************************************************
> >> REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and can generate
> >> INCORRECT files in the presence of B frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
> >> will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!

I searched through the archive a bit before I posted. The problem is
it's hard to get an overview of what's absolutely required for the
conversion, and what of it is merely fine-tuning, especially since the
commands are all quite complex. They also vary a lot. It'd be nice if
there was an explanation of the bare minimum required, and some
suggestions for further tweaking. I tried a few of the suggestions
that don't depend on MP4Box or some other external mp4 muxers, but
iTunes rejected them with the error I mentioned.

/Ulf