[MEncoder-users] Ogg Theora and Mencoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Dec 3 20:53:10 CET 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 07:52:10PM +0100, monsitt wrote:
> Is there a way to encode video files to Ogg Theora (*.ogg) with Mencoder
> and how ? . Can you help me please ? .

No. And please keep in mind that "Ogg Theora" and "*.ogg" indicate
completely different things. Even if you use Theora for video, please do
_not_ use ogg as container, it is a horrible format. There are a lot
of saner ones like Matroska, nut, even AVI I'd consider better (though
that one has problems with Vorbis)...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger