[MEncoder-users] cutting mpeg-2

Pawel K pawlaczus at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 18:13:17 CET 2007

Hello
I have the mpeg-2 file and want to cut it without
decompressing it. The I-frame cut resolution suits me.
I use the following command:

mencoder -ss 0 endpos 10 -ovc copy -oac copy
source.mpg -o result.mpg

The result.mpg contains exactly 10 seconds from the
beginning of the source.mpg.

I found that a few frames around frame nr 50 have
strange rectangles, they are a bit distored.

I tried to cut the movie in other arbitrary locations
and had always the same distored frames at around
50th.

How can I cut the movie with mencoder without need to
decompress it.

thank You for help.