[MEncoder-users] indexes and file sizes

Nicolas George nicolas.george at ens.fr
Sat Aug 25 14:01:03 CEST 2007

Le septidi 7 fructidor, an CCXV, Unknown a écrit :
> In continuing in my search to find out why mencoder sometimes gives me
> files with no indexes I've notice that if I use a higher value of qp,
> say jumping from 22 to 25 indexes reappear.  Does anyone know if there
> is a correlation with file sizes and indexes?  Is there a limit to the
> size an AVI file can be?

There is a size limit for AVI, and extensions to go beyond. Mencoder is able
to use these extensions, I have produced AVI bigger than 5 Go with mencoder.

What is the exact size of the file when the encoding stops? What filesystem
are you writing them to? What is the exact operating system?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George