[MEncoder-users] x264 adaptive quantization control

infernix infernix at infernix.net
Fri Aug 24 23:07:47 CEST 2007

Pierre Catello wrote:
> Is there a way to set the parameters --aq-strength and --aq-sensivity of
> x264 through x264encopts ?

You can only use this if you compile a patched x264 library, and use
that to build mplayer. The value aq-strength:0.3 should then work, but i
haven't actually verified this; it doesn't say it's an unknown option
anymore, though, so it should work.

Personally, what I did is hardcode that 0.3 value into the patched x264
header files and then built the library, as I always use 0.3 as value
anyway.