[MEncoder-users] x264 encoding related - artifacts after broken encoding

Thilanka Niroshana thilanka.niroshana at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:41:03 CEST 2007

This is regarding a broken x264 encoding.
I encoded a movie using the x264 codec and suddenly the machine went down (
elctricity).
Then after rebooting the file was there but when sought ( seeking) artifacts
appear and and encoded the second part of the movie and merged them together
but the first part still has artifacts or i mean little squares and the
colors are different. But it becomes okay when a different scene appears.
Is there a solution to this rather than doing the encoding again.
I hope you guys understand what i'm saying.