[MEncoder-users] Audio - Video - Desynchronisation with mencoder

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Thu Aug 16 22:38:24 CEST 2007

didiboo at didiboo.de wrote:

>Commandlines:
>

>dvbstream -f 11953 -p h -s 27500 -v 110 -a 120 -n 120 -c 0 -o > outts.mpeg
>
>java -jar /usr/share/ProjectX/ProjectX.jar -demux outts.mpeg -out
>foldername -name outps
>
>mplex -f 3 -o outps.mpeg foldername/outps.m2v foldername/outps.mp2
>

>mencoder -vf scale=640:-2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000 -oac
>mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 outps.mpeg -o out.avi
>

>This way there is no A-V-Desynch. Fine!

it's the worst possible method because timestamps
will be wrong.
$ mencoder ... dvb:// should be the best one, provided
that your pc is fast enough to encode in real time.
If you upload a sample to incoming/ I'll give it a look

>But now is a following Problem:
>

>Some senders, like ZDF in Germany change their Video-Aspekt from time to
>time. I didnt found until now a way to instruct mencoder that the
>resulting avi change its video-aspect. Do you know a way for it?
>

>Thank you,
>
>J. Dietrich Boock

ODML files have a global aspect ratio header (AVI doesn't have even that),
thus no player will ever set or recognize an aspect ratio change