[MEncoder-users] Couple Issues

snap at snapdrive.net snap at snapdrive.net
Sat Aug 11 08:13:42 CEST 2007

My problem now with wmv is the filesize. When converted to .flv, the
files are 2-3x what they were as the original .wmv.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the resulting flv file's
size down?

Running the following:

mencoder exorcism.wmv -ofps 30 -o test.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame
-lameopts abr:br=64 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:keyint=12:vbitrate=300:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3
-srate 22050 -vf scale -zoom -xy 450

I've tried changing the vbitrate & the -xy but it doesn't help much.
Similar filesizes in other formats (quicktime/avi) seem to create much
smaller flv files.