[MEncoder-users] Setting 'low delay' flag in MPEG2 video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Aug 8 14:01:38 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:20:00PM +0100, Mark Himsley wrote:
> > > Is there a way I can ensure that bit is set when I create my mencoder
> > > command? I haven't seen it mentioned in the man page, but I could have
> > > missed something.
> >
> > Try attached patch.
>
> Thanks you, I will.
>
> I'm amazed that 3 extra lines of code do it! I guess this shows how well
> written and organised MPlayer/MEncoder is.

Uh, no, not really. It only shows that this features has been in FFmpeg
(that mencoder uses for encoding) for a long time, just nobody found it
useful enough to make a mencoder commandline option out of it.
Though you are luckily in so far that this is not one of the ugliest
parts of MPlayer by far ;-).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger