[MEncoder-users] Setting 'low delay' flag in MPEG2 video

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Wed Aug 8 12:01:30 CEST 2007

Hi MEncoder users,

I want to create some MPEG video which will be played using a hardware
video player (actually a broadcast video server).

The MPEG needs to conform to Sony IMX 30 standard, which the brief
description is 30Mbs I frame only MPEG2. Apparently it is vital that the
'low delay' flag (bit 7 of byte 9 of extension header 0x000001b5 type 0x01
- if my Google foo has worked) is set, or the replay port goes into an
indeterminate state.

Is there a way I can ensure that bit is set when I create my mencoder
command? I haven't seen it mentioned in the man page, but I could have
missed something.

Thanks.

--
Mark Himsley