[MEncoder-users] Mencoder does not sort joeg images !?

Kevin Williams kevkim55 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 01:29:30 CEST 2007

>My webcam drops its images with sortable timestamps, such as
>20070801-213150-01.jpg [*], but just because the program can be configured
>to do so. :-) Perhaps yours can as well.

Yes it does. It names files with a leading zero, followed by the time. For
eg. 093045.jpg for an image taken at 09:30:45 AM. I used these images
without renaming in the beginning but, for some reason, some of the images
didn't get sorted in the proper order. I don't know what I did wrong. That
is the reason why I took up the painful task of creating symlinks to these
files with linknames starting from 1 which didn't do the trick for the
reason we all are already aware of !

Later, I got rid of these symlinks and used the original files and mencoder
just did the job right !

Thank you all for your help and sorry for the noise again.

Kevin