[MEncoder-users] Status of lavf muxer?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:39:31 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/1/07, Grozdan Nikolov <microchip at chello.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the current status of this muxer? Does it still required b-frames not
> to be used? It would be really nice if one could encode to H.264 video with
> b-frames and use the lavf muxer to directly output to a MP4 container.

As of yesterday, it's supposed to work with B-Frames if I understood
correctly the log message.

I didn't test it, tests and reports are surely welcome :)

> Also
> are there plans to add Matroska support to lavf so one could directly output
> to the MKV container?

It's being worked on as part of Google Summer of code. It will be
available when this code is merged to FFmpeg main repository.

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte