[MEncoder-users] Size of video/audio stream

double ninive at gmx.at
Sun Apr 15 11:58:54 CEST 2007

RC schrieb:
>> Is there a chance to determine the size of the
>> video- and the audio stream (in Bytes)?
>
> You can approximate it, multiplying the audio/video bitrates by the
> length.
>
> If you need exact figures, there's really no shortcut.  You have to run
> through the entire video with:  mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o
> /dev/null

To approximate the video-bitrate, I wanted to divide the size of the
video by the length.       :-)
Because mplayer does not "identify" the video-bitrate, if it is a FLV
container.

To run through the video with "-oac copy -ovc copy" works pretty fast.
Thank you very much for this hint.

Markus Doppelbauer