[MEncoder-users] Building MEncoder on OSX PPC w/ x264 support ?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 13:14:40 CEST 2007

Pierre Catello wrote:

> Trying to build MEncoder for a PPC Mac, with x264 support
> (--enable-x264 in configure) - the compilation fails
>
> Is there a solution ?

The most obvious thing which comes to mind is a three-step process.

One, install the x264 libraries (including headers, generally from a
development package).

Two, familiarize yourself with the syntax and semantics of MPlayer's
configure script.

Third, on the basis of step two, stop using '--enable' options which are
marked 'autodetect' in the output of ./configure --help.

This is, of course, not remotely Mac-specific; it is basic procedure
which applies to all platforms. For all I know there may well be some
specific reason why it will not work that simply under MacOS. However,
in the absence of anything to indicate otherwise, I would be inclined to
assume that it will Just Work until something tells me that it won't.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.