[MEncoder-users] x264encopts equivalent for some x264 parameters ?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at ens.fr
Thu Apr 12 23:12:49 CEST 2007

Le tridi 23 germinal, an CCXV, Corey Hickey a écrit :
> If you don't understand the difference between --crf and -q, ask and
> I'll explain. --But first read the descriptions of crf and qp in the
> mplayer man page.

I am not the "you" in your message, but I would very much like details about
that. As I understand it, crf will try tu adapt the quantizer value to the
complexity of the frame, but I would very like to know more about it: how it
does it in details, and the correspondence between the crf value and the
resulting quantizer, for example.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George