[MEncoder-users] aac encoding with lavc

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 10:32:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/27/06, Fredrik Eriksson <feffese at yahoo.se> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> For a while now it has been possible to encode aac audio with -oac
> lavc. However, the man page still doesn't say anything about it.
> Wouldn't it be good to update the man page?

This is a problem that is hard to solve, because there both are few
information about these, and there likely are a lot of things to
cover. In addition, MPlayer/Mencoder's man page is already gigantic
(bigger than gcc's) so it wouldn't help to add a whole lot more
(considering the fact that ppl don't like to RTFM).

> I'm a little curious if
> there are more options to the aac encoding than just bitrate...

Yes, probably, but you'd have to look at lavc's code.

As a side note, it should be possible to encode with aac directly
though mencoder. This is documented in our manpage.

Guillaume

--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!