[MEncoder-users] Re: Re: Problem on converting AMC

Cal d.calpon+mencoder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 17:18:10 CEST 2006

Hi :)

As I research on google, converting AMC to other movie formats has been
discussed by japanese people who are working on mobile products. However, it
seems there is no way to convert AMC by using mencoder because its Quicktime
codec is too old (that's what those people have concluded). Ffmpeg doesn't
even correspond to AMC, and I thought mencoder is the only chance to do it.
But, in fact, mencoder doesn't convert AMC to other movie formats
completely, which means the converted file always has no sound when AMC's
sound codec is QCELP. This is just useless for people who're working on
mobile. I would like to know if there are any ways to accomplish what I
would like to do. :( In addition, I would rather use "command line
conversion" than using GUI application. Anyone knows?