[MEncoder-users] Compressing the photo camera Canon A610 video to mpeg4 at the best quality.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Sep 21 23:42:42 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hello, On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 11:50:47PM +0700, Strong wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:43:44 -0700 RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

>>> There's something very, VERY wrong with your testing method...
>>
>> Well. Correct me, please.
>
> Simple, if both quality and file size are too high then the problem
> is not with the codec but with you encoding options. I.e. you have to
>  reduce bitrate.

FWIW, I didn't read him as meaning "the quality and the file size are
both too high"; I read him as meaning "by the time it produces high
quality, the file size is too high" - IOW that the quality per unit
filesize isn't good enough for his purposes.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.