[MEncoder-users] Compressing the photo camera Canon A610 video to mpeg4 at the best quality.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 21 19:21:39 CEST 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:50:55 +0700
Strong <s-strong at mail.ru> wrote:

> for V in 1: 3 3:qns=3
>
> should not be turned to
>
> for V in 1: 2 3:qns=3
>
> ?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but:

Pass 1, 2, 3 doesn't make any sense.  You'll be wasting time on
pass 2, and getting no-better results with pass 3 after pass 2.

Pass 1, 3, 3 is the only way that makes sense, and should give better
quality.

> I did like this line very much:
> $ mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=4400:autoaspect=yes:v4mv=yes:trell=yes:mbd=2:vp
> ass=$V -ffourcc DIVX

You don't need "=yes" after each option.

> But a question arised: as my camera gives noisy video clips (the
> pixels around the object are moving around randomly) which
> codec parameter I should tune up to minimize that effect to save the
> basic object quality the most?

Something along the lines of "nr=600" in your lavcopts should help
greatly.

If you could upload a short sample to MPlayer/incoming (or anywhere
else), I'll take a look at it.