[MEncoder-users] Trying to join video files with AAC

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Sep 21 19:05:58 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 05:30:53PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:37:46 -0400
> "Jared Wiener" <jwiener at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Audio format 0x6134706d is incompatible with '-oac copy', please try
> > '-oac pcm'
> > instead or use '-fafmttag' to override it.
> >
> > Exiting...
> >

> > Any suggestions?
>
> I suggest using "'-fafmttag' to override it."

Copy of aac audio is currently broken with mencoder.

Using -fafmttag 0xff to override as suggested by the error message does the
following:

In case of mpeg container mencoder "hangs" using 100% cpu. You have to kill -9
in order to stop it.

In case of avi container I have two kind of results:
1) mencoder pretend to be doing the job, but the audio bitrate during the encoding
process is constantly 0 and when mplayer plays the resulting avi it crash with:

FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Pulse coding not allowed in short blocks, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Scalefactor out of range, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Channel coupling not yet implemented, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Gain control not yet implemented, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Gain control not yet implemented, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Invalid number of channels, trying to resync!
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Invalid number of channels
FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Scalefactor out of range, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Gain control not yet implemented, trying to resync!

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_audio
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

2) mencoder does the job but in the resulting movie there is about 1 second of
audio skipped

Result 1 is with mov file downloaded from the net. Result 2 is with a file
created with mencoder.

Giacomo