[MEncoder-users] RE: What may be the problem: Unknown suboption

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Sep 18 22:24:02 CEST 2006

Jim Driscoll wrote:

> You are not specifying a Container
>
> {Container}:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
> I.e.: psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
> See the man pages for more information

Yes, he is. By specifying '-of lavf', he is saying 'determine the
container by the extension of the output file unless I specify what
container to use explicitly'. Since he did not specify what container to
use explicitly, and the output file was '1.flv', that means that
libavformat will automatically choose the Flash Video container.

As Guillaume and I both said, the problem is almost certainly that he is
using a version of MEncoder from before that option existed.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.