[MEncoder-users] Corrupt H264 Files with Mencoder

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Sep 15 07:22:53 CEST 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:24:27 +0300
"Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)" <andreil1 at starlett.lv> wrote:

> I have wrote simple script which (supposedly) could convert almost any
> video  file into high-quality H264 MP4/AAC.

This looks extremely over-complicated.  mencoder can directly encode
(from practically any source) to aac audio and h.264 video.  Why
do you output to raw, encode audio seperately, etc.?

> format=mp4:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -ovc
> x264 -x264encopts 4x4mv:subq=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b

You told x264 to use 3 b-frames, while lavf can't handle b-frames in
the output (hence the long lavf option) so your file is surely broken.