[MEncoder-users] Parameters for chip "DMN 8652"

Mirco Zanetti mirco.zanetti at tele2.it
Mon Sep 11 15:52:05 CEST 2006

Alle 14:32, lunedì 11 settembre 2006, Dr. DEF ha scritto:
> --- Mirco Zanetti <mirco.zanetti at tele2.it> wrote:
> > It's long time I use mencoder to rip DVDs and to
> > convert files from and to various format.
>
> Are you aware that the default for libavcodec is now
> FMP4 and therefore you should use the -ffourcc option
> for DIVX compatible files.???
Yes, I know. I use -ffourcc DX50

> > I tried various kind of options so, at the end, i
> > discovered "cgop".
I discovered another thing:also the developers of Packard Bell discovered this problem in fact they release a new firmware!
Now it's OK.
I'm sorry for the lost time!

> why not just give us the complete command line you
> used    ??
>
> DEF

Now I've conflicting with the index. I create the file with this line:

mencoder "****.rm" -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:v4mv:vbitrate=600:trell:qprd:preme=2:keyint=50:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:last_pred=1
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -ofps 30 -ffourcc DX50 -vf pp=ha/va/dr/tn:softskip -forceidx

The source is a REAL file at 30 fps.
I think there's something wrong in the index because i can't jump to any position with my player.
I only can see in "plain" mode!

	Zanna