[MEncoder-users] Parameters for chip "DMN 8652"

Mirco Zanetti mirco.zanetti at tele2.it
Sat Sep 9 19:52:17 CEST 2006

Recently I have bought a DVD/HD recorder with   DivX player capability (Packard Bell EHR2080).
My previous player (Bellagio) is died!
I'm very happy of this product but I don't succeed to produce a good quality DivX.

It's long time I use mencoder to rip DVDs and to convert files from and to various format.
I used mencoder with lavc in the 3-pass way.

I made various tests, but in each case i got one of the following two results:
1 The player told me that the format were unknown
2 The player shown me the file, but with a   lot of dirty. I don't know the technical terms:
the current "frame has memory" of the previous frames when it doesn't do!

I tried various kind of options so, at the end, i discovered "cgop".
I made the transcode in a 1-pass way.The global quality of the reproduction over
the player is very improved, in fact the file can be watched  but the   problem isn't
completely solved. In some cases the "memory" reappears and the average
quality is not good.

Does someone knows what is the peculiarity of mine chipset (DMN 8652)?

	Zanna

P.S. Excuse me for my bad grammar!