[MEncoder-users] MEncoder using x264 DEV-CVS builds (Windows)

David A. david13lt at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 17:34:59 CET 2006

Hello,
I am trying this tool for last to days, it looks a lot better than other with big GUIs. I still would like to find out few things:
1. I noticed that latest version doesn't support x264 encoding on Windows. But there are some other builds like: "MEncoder dev-CVS-060515-06:00-4.0.3 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team" which supports x264 encoding on Windows platform. Where I could get the latest build from dec-CVS?

Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding. Doesn't work with filters.
   frameno  - special audio-only file for 3-pass encoding, see DOCS.
   raw      - uncompressed video. Use fourcc option to set format explicitly.
   nuv      - nuppel video
   lavc     - libavcodec codecs - best quality!
   vfw      - VfW DLLs, read DOCS/HTML/en/encoding-guide.html.
   qtvideo  - QuickTime DLLs, currently only SVQ1/3 are supported.
   xvid     - XviD encoding
   x264     - H.264 encoding

2. Next one, if I am using x264 encoding, do I need something else?... Maybe x264.exe?
3. Can Mencoder use MKV container as  output.

This is all questions I would like to find out.