[MEncoder-users] Problems compiling 1.0rc1 or svn-20061025

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:07:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/25/06, Stefan Neufeind <mencoder at stefan-neufeind.de> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 10/25/06, Stefan Neufeind <mencoder at stefan-neufeind.de> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've been running into trouble compiling either version with target
> >> being i686 or i386. Error was at
> >>
> >> cabac.h:525: error: can't find a register in class `GENERAL_REG´ while
> >> relooading `asm´
> >>
> >> I've seen a similar error mentioned on the list just a few days ago in
> >> swscale_template.c, afaik fixed by Guillaume. But even trying the latest
> >> svn-checkout didn't help.
> >>

> >> Does somebody experience the same? If yes, could somebody maybe commit a
> >> fix? :-)
> >
> > CFLAGS+=-fomit-frame-pointer
>
> Added, but unfortunately this did not help.
> Using gcc 3.4.6. Checked with target being i686 and i386, both against
> rc1 and todays SVN-checkout.
>
> Does it compile fine for everybody else?

Yes. Please give the full command line passed to the compiler and also
give us the list of flags passed to configure script.

Here it compiles fine with a simple:
 make distclean && ./configure && make dep && make

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!